Located in the commune of Kindenheim, Weingut Neiss holds 17 hectares with accross the following sites: Burgweg, Frafenstuck, Vogelsang in the winegrowing region of Pfalz (or Palatinate), Heiligenkirche, Schlossberg and Sonnenberg.
Introducing Weingut Neiss
In 1959, Ludi Neiss and his wife Christine were farmers with a winery. In the 1970's, they converted all of their holdings to vineyards, and in 1997, their son Axel Neiss took over. A fifth-generation winemaker, Axel modernized the family's wine estate. The existing wines were replaced by classical grape varieties and the estate was increased in size to incorporate some of the best sites in the region. Redeveloping the labels and the image of the estate, Axel changed the work methods in both the vineyards and cellars.
In this northern, cool-climate region, vines grow deep roots in mineral-rich soils, with large amounts of chalk. Half of the family's vineyards are planted with white varietals and the other half with red. Axel Neiss' course of action is driven by his pursuit of perfection. Both in the vineyard and in the cellar, he utilizes the sustainable, integrated practices as prescribed by "Kontrolliert umweltschonender Weinbau Rheinland - Pfalz". The estate is also a member of Die junge Pfalz association.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Neiss Fruhburgunder Vogelsang 2014 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Neiss Riesling Estate Trocken 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Neiss Weissburgunder Bockenheim 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Neiss (Keg) Riesling Estate Trocken 2016 KEG 1 x 20L View Tech Sheet
- Neiss Spatburgunder "Blanc de Noir" 2016 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Neiss Spatburgunder Bockenheim 2014 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet