Vins de Vienne
Vins de Vienne
A collaboration inspired by history, Les Vins de Vienne is a partnership of Yves Cuilleron, Francois Villard and Pierre Gaillard. They are the three superstar, Syrah-specialist vignerons in the Rhône.
Introducing Vins de Vienne
Beginning at Rhone's northern most point in 1996, this trio purchased and rejuvenated the old terroir of the vineyard of Seyssuel, located on the left bank of the Rhone, just 25km from Lyon, north of Cote-Rotie. It was Gaillard's readings of historic writers that led him to Seyssuel, home to famed wines during the Roman era, the Middle Ages, and the 19th century. Purchasing his first vineyard in Malleval in 1981, in addition to Les Vins de Vienne, Pierre now manages 77ha of his own vineyards through the estates that he created at Malleval, Madeloc and Cottebrune.
When Cuilleron first visited Seyssuel, he looked up at the rising slopes and noted their exposure to the sun. As the vigneron and proprietor at Cave Yves Cuilleron, which was established by his grandfather in 1920, Yves remains committed to the entire process from vine-planting to bottling, controlling every aspect of his wines. Practicing "viticulture raisonnable", he aims to "produce the best possible grapes" to make "100% homemade wines" both at his own estate and at Les Vins de Vienne.
While Yves was looking up, Francois was gazing down at the Mediterranean-like scrubland, examining the potential of the soil at Seyssuel. Comprised of mostly granite, with schist and slate, the soil sits in the form of terraces that face south and south-west. A former chef who learned winemaking on his own, the acclaimed Villard has his own domaine in Condrieu, along with holdings in St Joseph, St Veray and Cote Roti.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Vins de Vienne "Heluicum" Syrah 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne Condrieu "La Chambée" 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne "Taburnum" Viognier 2013 6 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne Cornas "Les Barcillants" 2014 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne Saint Joseph "L'Arzelle" 2014 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne Viognier IGP des Collines Rhodanienne 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne "Remeage" Blanc Vin de France 2014 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne Côtes du Rhône "Les Cranilles" 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Vins de Vienne "Sotanum" Syrah 2013 6 x 750ML View Tech Sheet