Viña Callejuela is an 100% estate-bottled, grower Sherry complemented by single vineyard, non-fortified Palomino wines.
Introducing Viña Callejuela
Callejuela's 28 hectares of vineyards, planted on the classic albariza soils, include 4 ha in Marcha neudo, 16 ha in Callajuz and 8 ha in the Anina. The family have been operating since the 1970’s when Francisco Blanco established himself as a prominent viticulturist who was slowly expanding his parcels throughout the Marco de Jerez.
In 1980, Blanco’s sons José “Pepe” Blanco and his brother Francisco “Paco” Blanco began to barter portions of their coveted mosto with their clients in exchange for used botas instead of cash. This way, the family began to build up their own soleras over time in a humble bodega that only until recently expanded so as to increase the number of fermentation tanks and develop a line of non-fortified wines. In 2005, Viña Callejuela was established as the independent bottler and vigneron we know today.
The Blanco family typically harvests at the start of September, while many of their neighbors start in the middle of August. The result is a must with higher brix than their competitors, meaning that less fortifying grape spirits are added when making Manzanillas and Sherries. This philosophy results in the purest Palomino grape expression possible, and the longer the hang time on vine, the more influence of the albariza soil is transmitted.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Viña Callejuela Hacienda De Doña Francisca 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Viña Callejuela La Choza 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Viña Callejuela Blanco de Hornillos 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Viña Callejuela Manzanilla Fina 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Viña Callejuela Oloroso "El Cerro" 6 x 500ml View Tech Sheet
- Viña Callejuela Amontillado "La Casilla" 6 x 500ml View Tech Sheet