Bío Bío/Itata, Chile
País vines embody the culture, history, tradition and character of the Chilean terroir, and they are a driving force for the journey into winemaking for Roberto Henríquez.
Introducing Roberto Henríquez
Roberto Henríquez studied agronomy and enology at the University of Concepción. From there, he travelled and worked with winemakers in Canada, South Africa and finally in the Loire Valley with Rene Mosse. Rene had a profound effect on Roberto’s perspective on winemaking and his progression into organic and biodynamic farming.
Roberto, originally from Concepción, returned home after his time in abroad to begin making his own wine. Returning to the traditional Pipeño methods of the original winemakers of Chile felt intuitive to the winemaking style he had adopted. The rest of his story to present is pure progression to the pursuit of the most pure wines in a true Chilean context.
His vineyards were personally and carefully selected. Working with long term fermage agreements, he farms all the land himself (with the help of farming animals). To the north, in Itata, he is working with a vineyard of old vine Semillon and blends that with Corinto (aka Chasselas) and Muscat d’Alejandria producing an orange style wine. A little further south, in Bío Bío, he is farming Pais, from which he makes the Pipeño and the Santa Cruz de Coya.
He works with carbonic macerations and ages in old Rauli wood barrels. His wines are light-bodied, translucent, refined, and full of character!
Producer Tech Sheets
- Roberto Henríquez Rivera del Notro Blanco 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Roberto Henríquez Rivera del Notro Tinto 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Roberto Henríquez País Franco 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Roberto Henríquez Molino del Ciego 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Roberto Henríquez Fundo La Union País 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Roberto Henríquez Fundo La Union Semillón 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Roberto Henríquez Corino Super Estrella MAGNUM 6 x 1.5ml View Tech Sheet
- Roberto Henríquez Santa Cruz de Coya 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet