Az. Ag. Gianfranco Alessandria holds 7 hectares of vineyards divided between Nebbiolo, Barbera and Dolcetto, in the località San Giovanni, the area of some of Monforte d'Alba's best known Crus. The Alessandria family, including the enterprising daughters Marta and Vittoria, farms based on natural principles, respecting the time and methods required to produce stunning wines true to their soils. They work as organically as possible only using minimal amounts of sulfur and copper out of respect for the environment and health.
Introducing Gianfranco Alessandria
Gianfranco Alessandria took over managing his family's farm in 1986, after the passing of his father. He continued the practice of selling the grapes from the 5.5 hectares of vineyard land his father had amassed in San Giovanni, home to some of Monforte d'Alba's best known vineyards.
At the end of the 80's, at the urging of his cousin, Mauro Veglio, he began to bottle small portions of his wine. The first Barolo came with the 1993 vintage which was awarded three glasses by Gambero Rosso. The new winery, attached to their home, was finished in 1996, also the first year of full production. While modernizing the facilities refined the process of the winemaking, it did not change Alessandria or his heart-felt belief in the land of Monforte d'Alba.
All the wines are aged in neutral oak, with the exception of the San Giovanni, which sees a small percentage of new barrels. Alessandria produces approximately 35,000 bottles each vintage of stunning wines with great integrity.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Gianfranco Alessandria Barbera d'Alba DOC 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Gianfranco Alessandria Barolo DOCG 2012 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Gianfranco Alessandria Langhe Nebbiolo DOC 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Gianfranco Alessandria Dolcetto d'Alba DOC 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Gianfranco Alessandria Barolo "San Giovanni" DOCG 2012 6 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Gianfranco Alessandria Barolo DOCG 2009 HALF BOTTLE 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet