Domaine Roger Perrin
Domaine Roger Perrin
Vineyards have existed on the Roger Perrin property between Orange and Chateauneuf de Pape since the beginning of the 1900's. However, estate bottling only began in 1969 when the Domaine was founded by Roger who took over after his father-in-law's retirement. In 1980, the estate began to sell its wine under its own name.
Introducing Domaine Roger Perrin
In 1986 Roger died unexpectedly during the harvest, and his son Luc, a teenager who had studied enology and done an apprenticeship at Beaucastel, took over the Domaine. Luc Perrin steadily increased the quality of the vineyards and of his wines as he became widely recognized as a rising star in Chateauneuf du Pape. Sadly however, Luc lost a battle with cancer in August of 2010 and his legacy is was briefly carried on by his oldest sisiter Veronique, who then passed the reigns to her son Xavier, the 5th generation to farm the estate. To this day, all of Luc's vineyard practices and vinification techniques are being continued.
The Domaine's holdings include 40 hectares of vineyards in Chateauneuf de Pape, Cotes du Rhone and Vin de Pays de la Principaute d'Orange. Spread out over 70 individual parcels, each sub-plot has its own distinct micro-terroir. And while some of the vines are more than 100 years old, the average age of the vines is 60 years old, and 85% of the vines are over 20 years of age. The Chateauneuf vines are planted on two types of soil, including a clay and limestone subsoil covered by the famous galets roules, and a sandier soil that yields wines that show a little more aromatic and tannic finesse.
“I think the philosophy of the estate is established, so we have to follow it,” said Xavier, who works with his mother and his grandmother in the vineyards and cellar. “For me, the estate as it is respects the choices of my great grandfather, my grandfather, my uncle and my grandmother. And it’s done really well like this. I really like how it is, so no, I won’t change much.”
Producer Tech Sheets
- Roger Perrin VDP Rosé 2016 BAG IN BOX 6 x 3L View Tech Sheet
- Roger Perrin (SlimKeg) Cotes du Rhone 2015 KEG 1 x 20L View Tech Sheet
- Roger Perrin Côtes du Rhône "Cuvée Vieilles Vignes" 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Roger Perrin Cotes du Rhone 2016 BAG IN BOX 6 Bag in Box x 3L View Tech Sheet
- Roger Perrin Châteauneuf du Pape "Galets de la Berthaude" 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Roger Perrin Chateauneuf du Pape 2014 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Roger Perrin Chateauneuf du Pape 2011 MAGNUM 6 x 1.5L View Tech Sheet
- Roger Perrin Châteauneuf du Pape "Reserve des Vieilles Vignes" 2010 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet