It started as two young guys from opposite sides of the United States met in Oaxaca, where they were drawn to the vibrant colors, culture, food, and of course, mezcal. As a friendship developed, so did a plan: Scour the Mexican countryside in search of delicious and obscure mezcals, and serve those spirits in a small mezcaleria. That mezcaleria eventually evolved into a highly-acclaimed 32-seat restaurant, and coveted bottles of their nano-batch spirits began making their way to restaurants, bars, and spirits enthusiasts' personal collections outside of Mexico.
Eventually, it became time to share a selection of El Destilado's agave spirits with a broader audience. This selection of mezcals is now bottled and labeled as Cinco Sentidos: a project that aims to highlight the various production processes, agave diversity, and talents and traditions of the amazing people who make the spirits with rigor and esteem. Cinco Sentidos does not blend, age, or otherwise alter the spirits from their original form.
Introducing Cinco Sentidos
The company is called Cinco Sentidos because their producers use nothing but their five senses when producing mezcal. These small-batch distillers work in some of the most remote areas of Mexico, and they do not certify their mezcal with the CRM (Consejo Regulardor del Mezcal), choosing to label their spirits as Destilado de Agave instead
Producer Tech Sheets
- Cinco Sentidos Espadín 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Cinco Sentidos Tobalá 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Cinco Sentidos Sierra Negra - Tobalá 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Cinco Sentidos Jabalí Tobalá 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Cinco Sentidos Bicuixe Madrecuixe 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Cinco Sentidos Sierra Negra 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Cinco Sentidos Papalometl 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Cinco Sentidos Pechuga de Mole Poblano 6 x 750ml View Tech Sheet