Introducing Château d'Escurac-Medoc
With an 11th century chapel on its property, Chateau d'Escurac has been a notable producer in Civrac en Medoc since its wines were first mentioned as "amongst the Medoc fifth growths" in 1839. Passing through a variety of owners until it reached the Landureau family in 1934, the property is currently owned and attended to by Jean-Marc, the grandson of the original Landureau, who also owns Chateau Haut Myles, a second estate that resides down the road.
In 1989, Jean-Marc went to live on the 23ha property and put all of his energy into renovating the vineyard. With plots that are home to clayey, gravel soils that are grassed by natural growth or seeding, Landureau practices lutte raisonnee techniques that yield 40-50hl per hectare.
In 1990, he made his first vintage, while simultaneously working to improve the vines that he had inherited. Obsessed with embracing new techniques to further his progress, Landureau was rewarded in 1996 when Chateau d'Escurac was awarded the 15th Crus Bourgeois Cup, ahead of some of the most illustrious growths in the category