Sisters Maria and Claudia Turrent started Borroso Mezcal in Ensenada, Baja California and work with producers throughout Mexico to bring craft-distilled Mezcal stateside.
Introducing Borroso Mezcal
The name Borroso, which means “blurred”, represents the surreal experience of drinking mezcal, which can transport the consumer to a state of daydreaming where they focusing beyond the intellectual. Each lot of Borroso is made in an artisanal way, at family owned palenques throughout Oaxaca. Borroso, located in Baja California, is a négociant that works with smaller mezcaleros that are not able to bottle and distribute on their own. They are commited to preserving preserving wild agave species, and so work almost exclusively with agave Espadín.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Borroso Mezcal Ensamble Olla de Barro Santa Catarina Minas 49% 6 x 1L View Tech Sheet
- Borroso Mezcal Tobasiche Santa Catarina Minas 47% 6 x 1L View Tech Sheet
- Borroso Mezcal Santa Catarina Minas de Barro 49% 6 x 1L View Tech Sheet
- Borroso Mezcal Santiago Matatlán 49% 6 x 1L View Tech Sheet
- Borroso Mezcal Santiago Matatlán 42% 6 x 1L View Tech Sheet