Alpamanta means "Love to Earth" or "terroir" in the native Quechuan language. A tenet of the region’s ancient Indigenous culture that has promoted a way of working that requires co-existing in harmony with nature and the environment. Taking care of the Earth.
In 2005 Andrej Razumovsky, his cousin André Hoffmann from Switzerland, and Jérémie Delecourt from France joined forces to establish a boutique winery in Mendoza, Argentina. They purchased 35 hectares of vineyard in the southern part of Luján de Cuyo, in Urgarteche, where the vineyards sit at a high altitude of 3,117 ft above sea level. The clay soil is dominated by alluvial deposits to allow for good drainage. The area has very low annual rainfall, and ideal fluctuation between day and night time temperatures, all of which makes for optimum grape growing conditions.
All of the wines at Alpamanta are certified Organic and Biodynamic, which is of great cost in Argentina, as the government requires a yearly percentage of total proceeds to maintain these statuses. It is important to Alpamanta however as they are very dedicated to the practices of fertilizing with compost with no chemical spraying, using Tisanes to revitalize the soil and the health of the vines, and following the moon calendar to direct them in their vineyard practices.
Winemaker Giuseppe Franceschini, has taken the helm in the last couple of years. Italian by birth, he found his calling to his craft at an early age. Originally from Padua, he studied oenology at Udine and has experience making wine in the regions of the Veneto, Friuli, Sicily, and Mendoza. He brings to Alpamanta a philosophy encompassing different world styles and a passion for bringing forth the best expression of the grapes.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Alpamanta Natal Malbec Ugarteche Lujan de Cuyo Mendoza 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta Malbec Estate Lujan de Cuyo Mendoza 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta Malbec Terrior Lujan de Cuyo Mendoza 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta "Breva" Sauvignon Blanc 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta "Breva" Rosé 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta Campal Red Blend 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta "Breva" Pét-Nat 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet