Alpamanta means "Love to Earth" or "terrior" in the native Quechuan language. A key aspect of ancient Indian culture has always been to work and co-exist in harmony with nature and the environment.
In 2005 Andrej Razumovsky, his cousin Andre Hoffmann from Switzerland and Jeremie Delecourt from France joined forces to establish a boutique winery in Mendoza, Argentina. They purchased 35 hectares of vineyard in the southern part of Lujan de Cuyo, where the vineyards sit at a high altitude of 3,200ft above sea level. The clay soil is dominated by alluvial deposits and has an excellent exposition to allow for good drainage. The area has very low annual rainfall, and ideal fluctuation between day and night time temperatures, all of which makes for optimum grape growing conditions.
Winemaker Giuseppe Franceschini, has taken the helm in the last couple of years. Italian by birth, he found his calling to his craft at an early age. Originally from Padua, he studied oenology at Udine and has experience making wine in the regions of the Veneto, Friuli, Sicily, and Mendoza. He brings to Alpamanta a philosophy encompassing different world styles and a passion for bringing forth the best expression of the grapes.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Alpamanta Natal Malbec Ugarteche Lujan de Cuyo Mendoza 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta Malbec Estate Ugarteche Lujan de Cuyo Mendoza 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta Malbec Reserva Ugarteche Lujan de Cuyo Mendoza 6 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta "Breva" Sauvignon Blanc 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta Estate Cabernet Franc 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta "Breva" Rosé 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet
- Alpamanta Campal Red Blend 12 x 750ml View Tech Sheet