The family operated estate of Avinyo is now run by the father Joan Esteve, his three sons and one daughter. The Esteve's use their own estate fruit, employing much older and lower yielding vines than average. The grapes are gently pressed and only the free-run and first, purest pressing of must is used in their Cava.
Introducing Cava Avinyo
In the 1980s Andre Tamers (the owner of De Maison Selections) and his wife lived in Spain and Avinyo was merely selling off Cava to larger producers. Andre would go pick up a case from the winery regularly for personal consumption. This was one of the "light bulb" moments for Andre: discovering the potential of regions like Penedes and the Basque Country. Once he started his own importing company in the late 80s, he convinced the family to start bottling themselves. Andre became their first import customer.
"From the must of the flower and with the rigor of a work well crafted" is the Nadal family's motto for their Avinyo wines. While this Catalan saying may only grace bottles of Avinyo's Cavas, the philosophy it expresses of crafting great wine through hard work and the delicate handling of the finest natural juice is applied to all of their wines, including the fresh, young Vi D'Agulla.
Producer Tech Sheets
- Cava Avinyo Brut Rosé Penedes 2014 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Cava Avinyo Brut Nature Penedes NV 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Cava Avinyo Brut Reserva Penedes 2013 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Cava Avinyo Blanc de Noirs Reserva Penedes NV 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet
- Avinyo Vi D'Agulla Petillant 2015 12 x 750ML View Tech Sheet